Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 in review

As I sit here reading my friends Blogs with their 2009 resolutions - I think about my own...and the past year. 2008 was very interesting...I traveled all over the country seeing things I'd only dreamed of. I crossed so much off my "things to do before I'm 40 list" that it's looking pretty bare. Time to think about new things! Forty isn't that far off... I made a lot of the same mistakes in 2008 -- blew too much money, ate bad food, wasn't very nice to some people. I tend to be bossy and try to make them who they aren't -- or think they should be able to do things they aren't ready for because I know I could be strong enough to do things - or know how much better life is when you make certain changes... But I do have to say - I always give people a chance. I understand that "time" is special to people and I'm as selfish with my time as the next person. So.... my resolution list is pretty short this year - but my "Bucket List" will continue to grow & grow. I'll post both here to keep me honest about what I want to accomplish.

2009 Resolutions
* be more thoughtful of family & friends
Pick up the phone more & email less
Send letters & cards again
* spend more time with my family, even if it's difficult
* adopt just "being healthy" - workout consistently, eat better
* enjoy the time I have with Eric and do more fun things
* stop procrastinating....everything!


Things to Do Before I'm 40...(this will always be a work in progress...once I turn 40, my list will go to Before I'm 60!)

* Volunteer somewhere (animal shelter, school, library...)
* Take more classes - cooking, jewelry, art, spinning, yoga, reading, history, religion
* continue to have at least 1K in a savings account(accomplished JUST 1k for a year in 2008!!!)
* travel to - New England, Texas, Grand Canyon, Rt 66
* learn about different religions
* Take more pictures! Create better albums & share my work
* Learn different mediums of jewelry arts..polymer clay, beading, metal work

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Sounds like a great list so far! I am working on my before 40 thing...and of course I have a nice list for 2009 as well!

    ReplyDelete